This position is located in the Architect of the Capitol (AOC), Office of the Chief Operating Officer (COO), Office of Security Programs (OSP), Assistant Director Resilience and Security Division.
The AOC is accepting applications for an experienced security professional to lead efforts to develop and mature an integrated continuity and resilience Test, Training and Exercise (TTE) program validating continuity and OSP plans and procedures.
This position is considered "essential" for purposes of reporting to work when the facility might otherwise be closed.Learn more about this agency
At the Architect of the Capitol (AOC), we are proud to be ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in the Federal Government. Our employees are passionate about AOC’s mission to serve Congress and the Supreme Court. AOC is a legislative branch agency, the recognized authority on the preservation, maintenance and construction of the world’s most iconic treasures and buildings on Capitol Hill. As a global destination for thousands of visitors every day, Capitol Hill intersects history, architecture and art with the birthplace of our nation’s laws.
This position is located in the Architect of the Capitol (AOC), Office of the Chief Operating Officer, Office of Security Programs (OSP), Assistant Director Resilience and Security Division. The incumbent leads efforts to develop and mature an integrated continuity and resilience Test, Training and Exercise (TTE) program validating continuity and OSP plans and procedures. Duties quoted below are at the GS-13 level.
- Performing specialized duties as a TTE coordinator working within a variety of functional resilience and security programs.
- Developing and maintaining a multi-year TTE schedule which aligns with the exercise programs of the Supreme Court of the United States, Congress and other legislative branch organizations.
- Performing research, design and development of exercise materials, including realistic scenarios, Master Scenario Events Lists (MSELs), Exercise Plans (EXPLANs), evaluation plans and After Action Reports (AARs). Develops handouts, brochures, instructional material and presentations in support of the resilience and security TTE program.
- Leading AOC-wide exercise and training and performing assessments to identify organizational short- and long-range security, resilience and operational requirements and priorities. Establishes management and fiscal controls, estimates requirements and evaluates work performed.
- Developing and managing the security and resilience TTE Corrective Action Program.
- Acting as the AOC liaison for Judicial, Congressional and inter-governmental security and continuity exercise and TTE planning efforts.
- Performing procurement actions from the receipt of the purchase request through negotiations with vendors, source selection, award and final
Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Security clearance
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Applications will be accepted from any U.S. Citizen.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/500927000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.