About the Position:Learn more about this agency
The District is located near downtown Jacksonville with easy access to a major interstate highway, flexi-time work schedule with credit hour option, workspace cubicles in a corporate business setting with security, free parking with shuttle bus service, eating facilities within building and nearby, onsite ATMs and gym. More information about the Jacksonville District is located at http://www.saj.usace.army.mil/.
This position is a TERM position. It is a time limited position and may be extended up to a maximum of six years. This position may be converted to a permanent, career or career-conditional appointment without further competition as long as all requirements are met. To be eligible for conversion, employee must complete at least 2 years of current continuous service under a term appointment in the competitive service AND employee must have a current performance rating under such term appointment of at least fully successful or equivalent.
- Conduct anthropological/archeological/historical studies of cultural resources.
- Prepare anthropological/archeological/and historical reports.
- Participate in contract execution for archeological services.
- Prepare time and cost estimates.
- Develop environmentally sensitive plans and participate fully in the planning process.
- Plan, organize and coordinate the archeological, geological, and historical surveys with universities, museums, historical societies, and local, State, and other Federal agencies for District programs.
- Responsible for reports on items of pre-historical and historical significance for survey reports, design memoranda, environmental assessments, and environmental impact statements associated with District programs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/500915600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.