The Sioux Falls VA Health Care System is currently recruiting for a Full-Time, Permanent, Medical Administrative Assistant. This position will be located in the Health Administrative Service.Learn more about this agency
Work Schedule: The tour of duty for this position is typically 6- 12 hour shifts and 2-4 hour shifts bi-weekly, working between the hours of 3pm-8am, Monday-Friday, rotating weekends and holidays with 24x7 coverage. Additional information may be provided during the interview process.
Telework: Not available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Medical Administrative Assistant/80246A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
The procedures outlined in AFGE Master Agreement, Article 23, Section 8 will be followed. First consideration will be given to current Sioux Falls VAHCS employees.
- Operates as the Administrative Officer of the Day by acting on behalf of the Director/Chief Operating Officer/Business Manager and leadership after normal business hours.
- Provides administrative guidance, and advice to the Medical Officer of the Day and clinical staff.
- Administratively approves and coordinates tests and procedures which cannot be done at the medical center.
- Authorizes VA payment of services at community hospitals.
- Conducts Systematic Internal Reviews to determine whether or not various policies and procedures are being carried out in accordance with instructions and established program guidelines.
- Determines eligibility and entitlement for care through interviews and the application process.
- Maintains accurate bed availability information.
- Coordinates transportation and lodging for those who are eligible.
- Compiles reports to include the daily gains and losses, completes incident reports, and maintains the facility activity log.
- Assists in efforts to notify the family members of a patients death.
- Counsels family members of benefits available and assist in making funeral arrangements.
- Electronically documents notes in patient record.
- Serves as facility telephone operator when the main switchboard is not open.
- Follows required privacy practices to maintain patient confidentiality of protected health records.
- Researches, interprets, and applies applicable laws, policy, directives, and regulations.
- Uses analytic skills, research, and judgment to analyze a wide variety of situations, problems, and questions.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/500861300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.