**This vacancy is open until June 7, 2018 OR to the first 2500 applicants who apply. If 2500 applicants apply prior to the closing date, the vacancy will be closed the day the number of applicants is reached.**
The salary listed above is based on the Basic Salary table and will be augmented by locality pay as authorized for the duty location of the position to be filled.
Positions will be filled in multiple geographic locations nation-wide. Selectees may be required to relocate as a condition of employment. Ultimately selectee placement will be based on the requirements of the agency in order to effectively meet its' goals and objectives.
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: Applications will be accepted from Current or Former Permanent Competitive Status Federal Employees; Displaced employees (Inter-agency Career Transition Assistance Plan - ICTAP eligible) within the Local Commuting Area; and individuals eligible for the following Special Appointing Authorities approved by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM); Veterans with a disability rating of 30% or more, Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA) Eligible Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities (Click on the links for more information regarding eligibility for these special appointment authorities: www.opm.gov/employ/veterans/html/vetguide.asp#6 or www.opm.gov/disability) Applications will also be accepted from displaced and surplus federal employees in the local commuting area.
Position will be filled subject to availability of funds.Learn more about this agency
- Collects and catalogs new drug law enforcement intelligence information in a file or automated system according to class and topic.
- Receives or gathers intelligence reports and data in support of drug law enforcement investigations. Provides input on limited aspects of domestic political, social, or economic trends or situations, such as the common methods used to smuggle narcotics into the country.
- Utilizes national and international information systems and databases, as appropriate.
- Evaluates all available intelligence information pertaining to a complete but limited topic or assigned area of study, or contributing to a larger study in an area, especially in the area of drug law enforcement, but also in areas such as one related to political, economic, social, technical or military conditions in one or more foreign countries. Alerts supervisor or higher-grade specialist of new information or emerging trends that merit further examination or study.
- Produces written strategic, operational, and tactical intelligence products.
- Provides oral briefings to senior level managers and policy makers.
- Collects information through various means, including the debriefing of witnesses and informants
- May be required to provide testimony during career as an Intelligence Research Specialist.
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel may be required; Domestic and International
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/500801900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.