About the Position: This is an Electrical Engineer, GS-0850-12 position with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Fort Worth District, Engineering and Construction Division located in Fort Worth, TX. The position is full-time and permanent.Learn more about this agency
- Performs the full range of field engineering functions associated with assigned projects.
- Performs biddability, constructibility, operability (BCO) reviews of plans and specifications.
- Determines whether project, as defined in the specifications, will be completely functional/operable.
- Participates in or conducts site showings and pre-construction conferences and furnishes the Architect-Engineer with instructions, criteria, and guidance.
- Reviews contractor plans, specifications, cost estimates, and design analyses for accuracy and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Reviews contractor schedules for logic, adequacy and to determine whether construction schedules will be met.
- Observes and investigates construction at all stages to identify problems.
- Prepares daily reports of activities reflecting progress of construction, quantities of materials or other pay items placed, weather conditions, reasons for delays in construction, etc.
- Examines existing power equipment and wiring to determine practical use of such items in extending existing systems.
- Develops testing procedures for electrical systems and equipment and then witnesses these tests in order to provide a recommendation as to whether or not the systems and equipment should be accepted or rejected.
- Serves as a technical specialist, reviewing and certifying necessary changes pertaining to electrical and other features of design and construction documents.
- Reviews contractors' electrical submittals and shop drawings.
- Ensures strict adherence to safety provisions of the contract.
50% or less - Business Travel (TDY) may be required up to 30% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/500677700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.