About the Position: This is an Supervisory Civil Engineer (Hydraulics and Hydrology) U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Fort Worth District, Engineering and Construction Division, Water Resources Branch located in Fort Worth, TX.Learn more about this agency
Works under the Chief of Water Resources Branch exercising technical and administrative supervision as Chief of the Hydrology and Hydraulics Section for the planning, coordination, direction and control of the Hydrology and Hydraulics program for the Fort Worth District.
- Investigate and researches projects relating to multi-purpose dams and reservoirs, floodways, levees, channel improvements, drainage structures, wetlands, environmental restoration, and flood plain mapping.
- Direct studies of erosion, sediment transport, sedimentation and reservoir water quality for an engineering team.
- Direct unsteady hydraulic studies for an organization.
- Develop solutions or techniques that will enhance functionality or cost effectiveness of water projects.
- Assign engineering work by setting priorities and preparing completion schedules.
- Review hydrologic models, hydraulic models and reservoir system simulations for technical adequacy.
- Determine long term and short term training needs for engineering team.
- Perform assessments and modification studies to dam safety.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/500642700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.