THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a SUPV IT SPECIALIST (SYSADMIN/CUSTSPT), Position Description Number D1648P01 and is part of the AZ 162nd Wing, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
NOTE: No known military promotion is associated with this Technician Vacancy. All selected applicants will be placed in a position commensurate with their current rank and boarded for promotion at the discretion of military supervision.
NOTE: This position is subject to rotating or night shift work.
NOTE: Individual selected will receive a Permanent Appointment after successful completion of a one year trial period.
NOTE: Individual selected must have RPA GCS experience.
NOTE: This is a UTC Tasked Position.
NOTE: Must provide RIP to verify AFSC.
This position serves as a first level supervisor over a group of Information Technology Specialists performing a variety of systems administration and customer support work for an intelligence unit.
(1) Plans work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjusts short-term priorities, and prepares schedules. Assigns work to subordinate employees based on organization priorities and consideration of difficulty and requirements of assignments such that the experience, training, and abilities of staff are effectively utilized to meet organization and customer needs. Balances workload and provides advice, guidance, and direction on a wide range of technical and administrative issues. Reviews organization mission, functions, and manning. Identifies requirements and initiates requests for additional resources including personnel, overtime, equipment, supplies, and space to ensure success in meeting goals and objectives. Provides advice to supervisor on significant issues and problems related to work accomplishment. Establishes metrics and analysis systems to ensure actions are timely and reviewed at critical points. Accepts, amends, or rejects work presented by subordinates. Performs self-inspection and presents a detailed and comprehensive report with any corrective action taken to supervisor. Follows-up to ensure complete and quality resolution of discrepancies. Assesses and revises policies and procedures as needed to improve quality, timeliness, and efficiency of work.
(2) Exercises supervisory personnel management responsibilities. Advises and provides counsel to employees regarding policies, procedures, and directives of management. Selects or recommends selection of candidates for vacancies, promotions, details, and reassignments in consideration of skills and qualifications, mission requirements, and EEO and diversity objectives. Develops, modifies, and/or interprets performance standards. Explains performance expectations to employees and provides regular feedback on strengths and weaknesses. Holds employees responsible for satisfactory completion of work assignments. Appraises subordinate workers performance ensuring consistency and equity in rating techniques. Recommends awards when appropriate and approves within-grade increases. Hears and resolves employee complaints and refers serious unresolved complaints to higher-level management. Initiates action to correct performance or conduct problems. Effects minor disciplinary measures such as warnings and reprimands and recommends action in more serious disciplinary matters. Prepares documentation to support actions taken. Identifies employee developmental needs and provides or arranges for training (formal and on-the-job) to maintain and improve job performance. Encourages self-development. Approves master leave schedule assuring adequate coverage for peak workloads and traditional holiday vacation time. Demonstrates sensitivity to ideas of subordinates. Promotes an environment in which employees are empowered to participate in and contribute to effective mission accomplishment. Discharges security responsibilities by ensuring education and compliance with security directives for employees with access to classified or sensitive material. Recognizes and takes action to correct situations posing a threat to the health or safety of subordinates. Applies EEO principles and requirements to all personnel management actions and decisions, and ensures all personnel are treated in a manner free of discrimination. Periodically reviews position descriptions to ensure accuracy, and the most effective utilization of personnel resources. Explains classification determinations to subordinate employees.
(3) Coordinates with other RPA units, Contract Maintenance counterparts and higher-level officials as well as the gaining command and other Federal and DoD intelligence organizations. Formulate conversion fin plans to secure resources enabling full operating GCS capabilities in support of the RPA mission.
(4) Performs the same non-supervisory work as that being supervised. Serves as a technical expert and focal point for the installation, configuration and administration of hardware and software on personal computers and servers located in the unit. Provides technical assistance and advice on the installation, configuration and operation of the computer systems located in the unit.
(5) Performs other duties as assigned. Serves as a technical expert and focal point for GCS and SATCOM maintenance practices and concepts.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/500583300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.