WJB Dorn VA Medical Center is seeking to fill an Interventional Radiologist position.Learn more about this agency
The duties include but are not limited to: providing interpretive and patient care services within the scope of general/interventional radiology and will have responsibilities in other areas such as education and committee service. Also providing direct patient care in a hospital setting to adults with acute and chronic medical conditions and you will serve as a consultant to other physicians.
Other duties include:
- performing vascular and non-vascular interventions, including interventional oncology (TACE, Y90, RFA, biopsies), peripheral vascular disease (thrombolysis, PTA, stenting), pain management (facet injections, kyphoplsty,), and chronic liver disease (TIPS);
- performing a full range of radiographic procedures/studies as authorized by delineated clinical privileges including, but not limited to, conventional x-rays, ultrasound, MRI, and CT;
- performing fluoroscopic procedures/special procedures according to established protocols;
- timely interpretation and communication of imaging results (including entry into digital medical record and verbal notification of critical findings);
- providing consultation services, comparative reports, and participating in clinical conferences/committees as requested by referring physicians;
- providing for the overall safety of imaging patients, including oversight of contrast administration and response to adverse patient reactions;
- participating in quality control/quality management (including department and hospital level peer reviews)· reviews IR consults including utilization management, ensuring appropriate pre- and post-procedural workups, and technical oversight for technologists;
- · provides oversight for overall safety of patients including establishing protocols, contrast administration and response to adverse patient reactions, timely interpretation and communication of imaging results, and notifications of critical findings;
- · participates in additional research and administrative duties as assigned by the Imaging Service Chief;
- · performs myelograms, arthrograms Lumbar Punctures, and CT guided and/or ultrasound guided and/or fluoroscopy guided biopsies;
- · provides on call coverage for emergency General and/or Interventional Radiology procedures as assigned;
- · provides oversight of inventory management in Interventional Radiology.
- General Radiology coverage when time permits during the day and on call
Applications received by June 5, 2018 will receive first consideration. If a selection is not made, applicants will be considered as received.
Work Schedule: An 8 hour tour between the hours of 0600 and 1800, primarily Monday-Friday. Some occasions may require work outside of this core schedule as this is a 24/7 hospital facility. Physician will rotate on General and/or Interventional Radiology Call. Subject to change based on agency needs.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/500269400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.