About the Position: This position serves as Lead Review Appraiser for the Los Angeles District, responsible for appraising complex and difficult properties; oversight and final review of appraisals prepared by district appraisers; securing appraisals from contract appraisers; and either approving or recommending approval of the contractor's appraisal.Learn more about this agency
The selectee will work from one of the following duty locations: Los Angeles, CA; Ventura, CA; Carlsbad, CA; or Phoenix, AZ. Travel from the primary location will be required up to 40% of the time.
- Directs the work efforts of team members in the preparation of real estate planning reports required for acquisitions.
- Administers contracts for appraisal services, mapping, and surveying work.
- Oversees the records control system, which utilizes Real Estate Management Information System (REMIS) and other electronic systems, in order to provide current program and project status.
- Analyzes the effects of unstable social, economic, and political trends (including changing market conditions, zoning problems, and conflicting public and private interests) on property uses and values.
- Resolves value problems for properties with limited comparable sales, multiple or questionable ownerships, numerous encumbrances, sensitive environmental concerns, and other equivalent characteristics.
50% or less - You will be expected to travel for this position up to 40% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/500254400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.