Learn more about this agency
This position is located in DHS/USCG, National Maritime Center, Mariner Training and Assessment Division.
The selectee serves as a senior maritime subject matter expert for all "Deck" related maritime operations, training and qualifications for the National Maritime Center. The selectee also serves as an expert in the competence, proficiency, examination and credentialing of merchant marine deck personnel, both officer and rating.
Being a CG civilian makes you a value member of the CG team. Typical work assignments includes:
- Evaluating the subject matter content and adherence to submission requirements of training courses and programs submitted to the National Maritime Center for approval.
- Independently evaluates the maritime technical subject matter competence and proficiency of individuals Appling to be certified as a Qualified Assessor or Designated Examiner.
- Initiating process improvements by reviewing, maintaining, and updating policies and procedures for course approvals.
- Coordinating with Branch Chief on the development, analysis, and evaluation, of work methods and procedures in order to improve the effectiveness of the Team.
- Serving as a NMC point of contact for the maritime industry and Coast Guard units to address questions and concerns arising during the approval process and as a result of Coast Guard approved training.
- Identifying and recommending solutions to issues affecting the Mariner Credentialing Program.
Occasional travel - This position may require occasional travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/500163100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.