This position is located in the Museum Collections and Operations (MCO), National Museum of the American Indian (NMAI), Smithsonian Institution. The employee serves as Collections Information Data Specialist for NMAI's Collections Information System (NMAI-CIS), Axiell EMu, specifically with regard to data analyses, quality, and standards.Learn more about this agency
- Manages collections data policies, procedures, and standards. Establishes and enforces data and metadata standards and procedures for data entry, data capture, and imaging based on best practices.
- Meets with system users and others to identify needs for improved processes or efficiencies. Consults with NMAI staff to define requirements, scope, and objectives for system customizations and web-based applications or data-capture devices connected to CIS. Provides technical oversight to specifications, statements of work, requirements, and other documentation.
- Assists system users to understand basic concepts of information management, CIS technical and business processes, data standards, and controlled terminology. Develops and carries out a multi-faceted training program for CIS users. Develops mechanisms for assessing and refining effectiveness of training program.
- Evaluates client/server technology and web-based technologies to plan for future methods of ingesting and extracting data into and from NMAI-CIS. Ensures that web-based applications support meet long-term objectives. Develops report formats requested by users and proactively undertakes report development to satisfy emerging user needs.
- Performs COTR duties for contracts for digitization, data entry, procurement and/or customization of peripheral data-capture devices and accompanying software, and web-based applications.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
This position is open to all U.S. Citizens or U.S. Nationals (including Veterans recruitment). Excepted Service employees may also apply to this announcement.
Note: Federal employees with permanent status or individuals eligible for special appointing authorities may also apply to Job Announcement #18A-JC-303826-MPA-NMAI.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/500053600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.