This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement FDA-OC-18-10214962-MP under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures. Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered under both options.Learn more about this agency
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical area FDA-wide.
- Develop, plan and oversee agency communication from start to finish for major agency rollouts in close coordination with Office of External Affairs/Office of Media Affairs leadership.
- Coordinate and synchronize execution of all communication tactics on rollout days to ensure communication is effectively carried out to all key stakeholders in a timely fashion.
- Lead and provide guidance to rollout team members in order to work cohesively and to ensure strategic objectives are met.
- Provide expert communication strategy and advice to agency officials on all communication tactics and overall approach surrounding newsworthy, complex and controversial issues.
- Oversee digital media strategy for rollouts, including style and messaging aspects of social media and mobile editorial content.
- Develop strong key messages for rollouts, working closely with program offices/units in aligning messaging for all internal and external stakeholders, including FDA employees, consumer organizations, Congress and the news media.
- Proactively manage and track the editing, approval, and production processes of communication materials for major announcements, serving as the custodian of all communication assets.
- Proactively manage information flow, including timelines for rollouts, between program offices/units, FDA leadership and HHS communicators.
- Independently initiate, create, write and edit materials, including communication plans, about complicated public health and scientific subjects directed towards a variety of audiences.
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of communication activities, including news media and social media measurement statistics, and provide recommendations for process improvements.
- Establish and maintain strong and effective working relationships with internal clients and other government communicators.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499977400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.