About the Position: : US ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS, FORT WORTH DISTRICT, OFFICE OF COUNSEL, DUTY LOCATION: FORT WORTH, TXLearn more about this agency
This position is in the excepted service without time limitation and will not be filled by competitive appointment. Service in this position may be fully creditable toward civil service retirement. Any selected applicant who is in the competitive service will be taken out of the competitive service when he or she occupies this position and will compete only with other excepted status employees in the event of a reduction-in-force. He or she, however, remains eligible for reinstatement in the competitive service.
- Renders advice in the resolution of major District legal problems.
- The District is engaged in planning, design, construction, operation and maintenance of civil works projects; and the acquisition, utilization and disposal of real estate in the states of Texas, New Mexico and Louisiana.
- Advise the Executive Office and other staff operating officials on legal matters pertaining to the work and activities of the District
- Review attorney's opinions for the legal justification of formulated proposals for the abandonment, alteration or relocation of facilities in connection with the construction and operation of reservoir projects.
- Draft, advice and review proposed Federal and State legislation on matters affecting the Fort Worth District activities.
- Prepare litigation reports or administrative reports in connection with bills for private relief. Final decisions regarding bills for private relief.
- Perform review of contractual instruments for legal clarity and sufficiency, such as construction, supply, services, architect-engineer, water supply storage, and other contracts; contract specifications; change orders; supplemental agreements.
- Serve as Trial Attorney on unusual and difficult contractual claims and appeals arising under the jurisdiction of the Fort Worth District.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499922200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.