Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below for IMPORTANT additional information.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as the Technical Content Manager (TCM), Subject Matter Expert (SME) for AFLCMC, assuring high quality assistance oversight is provided in support of assigned equipment and for resolving complex maintenance support problems. This position requires frequent or extended temporary duty assignments (TDY) where the incumbent is expected to act independently and make decisions without direct supervision.
- GS Salary Table for "Rest of US" (RUS) was used, salaries may vary dependent upon location selected. Refer to the Salary Tables link for more information: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/2018/general-schedule/
- Link to GS Qualifications for additional information: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
- Under the direction of the Single Manager (SM), the incumbent performs a variety of duties involved in the operational phase of equipment/systems.
- Provides the full range of expert technical support services which covers all the broad phases of development, testing, usage, activation and disposal.
- Maintains liaison with using commands, other AFMC organizations, Air Force units, Air Staff, and contractor personnel to monitor/evaluate the status of assigned systems and to identify incipient maintenance engineering problems.
- Perform technical review of work completed by lower graded equipment specialists, as assigned, assisting in resolution of the more difficult and complex problems and providing guidance on other routine matters.
- Provides guidance in the development of accurate data for budgets, forecasting requirement, services, tooling, test equipment, technical data and field service representatives required to accomplish functions relating to assigned system modification
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499812600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.