When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.Learn more about this agency
The ideal candidate will have experience in developing long-range programs plans, goals, objectives, and milestones as well as have experience in leading major communications and outreach efforts for a variety of stakeholders, including community, media, congressional, and private sector. This position starts at a salary of $114,590 (GS-14). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Federal Insurance and Mitigation Administration team within FEMA.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will serve as a Lead Emergency Management Specialist. Typical assignments include:
- Managing the major communication efforts within the Risk Management Directorate and overseeing the maintenance and enhancements of outreach materials in support of the Risk Management programs and ensuring that materials and products meet the customer and division needs.
- Developing long-range program plans, goals, objectives, and milestones for the communications and outreach needs within the Risk Management Directorate, providing strategic guidance in anticipating program risks and suggesting actionable mitigation plans as they relate to the communications and outreach efforts within the Risk Management Directorate programs.
- Preparing briefings and presentations to internal and external forums/audiences.
- Collaborating across the Risk Management Directorate program and project managers, and regional offices as well as FEMA contractors to ensure the outreach materials and communication efforts meet end user needs and are in compliance.
- Participating in collaborative efforts with Risk Management Directorate and FIMA staff, regional office staff, as well as FEMA contractors in support of the development, maintenance and strategic direction of the communication and outreach initiatives and materials.
Occasional travel - Non-Emergency Travel 5%
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
- U.S. citizens
- Status candidates may also apply under FEMA-18-TC-230498-MP
- View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499725000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.