Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) position. ARTs are part of the regular career civil service and enjoy all the benefits granted to Federal employees in the competitive civil service. In addition, ARTs are required to maintain their active membership in the AF Reserve unit where assigned. ARTs receive on average one weekend of military training per month.
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as the subject matter expert for Health Services Administration/Tricare Benefits Manager.
As the senior ART, plans, organizes, and manages the day-to-do activities of the medical unit which requires constant organizational planning, coordination, training, evaluation and resolution, of administrative medical issues for critical essential mission requirements.
- Plans, directs, and analyzes all matters related to the wings health services management programs.
- Provides health care services administration for Air Expeditionary Force (AEF) support for wing and outside agencies.
- Serves as medical executive management support administrator for participation of medical reserve personnel in support of activities and exercises by Joint Chief of Staff (JCS), MAJCOM, and local entities.
- Coordinates fiscal, facility and instructor requirements to support Medical Readiness, Ancillary and On-the-Job (OJT) Training requirements.
- Serves as principle Medical Squadron representative to the wing Financial Management Board (FMB) and Financial Working Group (FWG).
- Manages and monitors squadron manpower resources and allocations insuring implementation of all AFRC-imposed manpower controls including officers, enlisted, and civilian strength levels, grades, undergrade/over-grade, and overages.
- Provides overall management and direction of office IM/IT automation.
- As Senior medical ART directs subordinate employees engaged in administration, logistics, resource management, and medical paraprofessional activities.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499710900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.