Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pmLearn more about this agency
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Program Specialist (Web Communications)/37602A
This position is located in the Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) Web Communications Office in the Benefits Assistance Service (BAS). The VBA Web Communications Office is responsible for the establishment, management, and oversight of all VBA internal and external websites and social media sites. The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a source of expertise concerning the web development and management of web pages within VBA, and as an expert in Federal laws and agency rules related to the establishment and maintenance of Web content. The incumbent performs a variety of web analytical, planning, evaluative, and advisory work associated with the establishment and maintenance of VBA websites, to include training, consultative services, and technical assistance work.
- Serves as the oversight authority over VBA internal and external websites, and is responsible for governing the establishment and maintenance of VBA websites and operations.
- Creates and edits web content for VBA web pages, both Internet and intranet, and ensures the content is written in plain language, grammatically correct, relevant, accurate, and appropriate for the audience.
- Performs quality assurance audits on VBA Internet and intranet websites.
- Uses Adobe PhotoShop and Adobe InDesign to create and edit images, graphics, bulletins, banners, or other imagery.
- Serves as a liaison and coordinates with program and regional benefit offices to identify, develop, and promote web content, documents and other electronic information resources.
- Troubleshoots and resolves technical problems with the design and delivery of VBA or agency communications services.
- Conducts testing of VBA web pages to ensure the standard design and all content components (to include widgets, images, graphics, and other functionality) meets quality standards, Federal laws, and VBA website rules and standards.
- Provides web training and technical support to VBA employees on issues related to web writing, web page coding, web editing, web promoting, web design, user experience, and creating/editing images.
Occasional travel - This position requires travel, including mandatory training sessions for extended periods of time, such as multiple week sessions. Additional travel may also be required, as needed.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499666100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.