This position is being advertised concurrently with CD-18-PQ10213386 (DE) which is open to all U.S. Citizens and applies Competitive Examining procedures.Learn more about this agency
Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Reorganization Act of 1934 (Title 25, USC, Section 472). Verification Form BIA-4432 must be submitted with the application if claiming Indian Preference. Indian Preference eligibles not currently employed in Federal service may be appointed under the Excepted Service Appointment Authority Schedule A, 213.3112(a)(7). Consideration will be given to Non-Indian applicants in the absence of qualified Indian Preference eligibles. For more information about Indian preference or to obtain BIA Form 4432 application instructions, please visit: https://www.bia.gov/jobs.
This position is located with the Office of the Secretary of Interior, Office of Indian Gaming in Washington, DC. The Office of Indian Gaming (OIG) is looking for a Management Analyst to provide technical assistance in the financial review of all gaming-related actions and activities ensuring compliance with the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act (IGRA), the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), and relevant Indian Gaming operation policies, guidelines and regulations.
All new hires earn the beginning salary of their pay grade (Step 1). See 2018 pay charts here https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/2018/general-schedule/ and select the duty station from the District of Columbia, District of Columbia to choose the appropriate pay chart. If no specific chart is listed for this geographic location, see the "rest of U.S." chart.
The full performance level of this position is GS-12 . Promotion potential in this announcement does not constitute a commitment or an obligation on the part of management to promote the employee selected at some future date. A career ladder promotion is at the discretion of management, and in no way guaranteed.
- Review and analyze financial and environmental documents prepared for applications to take land in trust for Indian gaming purposes and for making eligibility determinations.
- Provide advice and technical assistance to BIA field offices and tribal entities on matters regarding Indian gaming financial actions on NEPA documents (environmental and economic studies.)
- Develop drafts and final decision documents for signature by the Assistant Secretary-Indian Affairs, and will respond to all relevant Indian gaming-related correspondence.
- Research and draft memoranda related to NEPA financial compliance issues and their relation to acquiring land trust for Indian gaming.
- Assist with maintaining Indian gaming-related records. Follows record retention requirements in disposing of documents and obsolete records and correspondence.
- Conduct on-site visits to assess problems regarding Indian gaming activities and assist BIA field staff and tribal officials in resolving them.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required one or five nights per month.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499664600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.