About the Position:Learn more about this agency
While working as a Maintenance Mechanic at Beach City Lake within the Huntington District of the Corps of Engineers you will perform duties such as, but not limited to that which includes: Electrical, Carpentry, Masonry, Plumbing, Roofing, Painting and Equipment Operation.
- Operates and maintains all electrical components, panels, and circuitry for a major public works flood control structure as well as associated office buildings and public use areas.
- Diagnoses problems in a variety of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and plumbing equipment/systems of varying complexities and determines corrective measures.
- Masonry: Maintains, repairs, alters and constructs exterior and interior surfaces and structures built of a variety of brick, block and stone.
- Constructs, installs, repairs and modifies wood and wood substitute structures and items requiring close tolerance fit and structural soundness.
- Plumbing: Installs, modifies, and repairs new and existing utility, supply, and disposal systems and equipment such as sewage and water distribution systems, water closets, tubs, and showers.
- Determines the roofing work to be done, locates and traces leaks and determines cause and extent of damage, and selects the work method to be followed for repair.
- Applies coating materials with any of the accepted trade devices including those designed to give special effects, for example, brushes, rollers, spray guns, and graining devices.
- Reads gauges, evaluates lake inflow, evaluates rate of rise in lake, and operates flood control equipment by operating switches, levers, and electric panels to position dam gates, flaps, and valves to control water flow.
- Operates equipment such as: pick-up truck, dump truck, skid steer and all-terrain vehicle (ATV).
- Operates tractor equipped with a backhoe to mow fields, transport equipment and materials, plant/harvest crops, move earth, dig ditches and for similar purposes.
- Transmits and posts weather and hydraulic data. Prepares work orders. Incumbent utilizes computers and software including Corps-developed software
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499649300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.