Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please: Click HereLearn more about this agency
This position is also being announced through Government-Wide procedure under Announcement #HQ-OCL-TA56-18-459137-G. Candidates who wish to be considered under both Public (US Citizens) and Government-Wide procedures must apply to both announcements.
Applying to this announcement certifies that you give permission for DHS to share your application with others in DHS for similar positions.
This position is located in the Redress Branch in the Office of Civil Rights and Liberties, Traveler Engagement (OCRL/TE), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). If selected for this position, you will serve as a Program Specialist and will report to the Branch Manager or Section Chief. You will assist in providing oversight to the DHS Traveler Redress Inquiry Program (TRIP), which provides a single portal for travelers to seek redress for adverse screening experiences.
- Providing written or verbal responses to inquiries to DHS TRIP, the Appeals and Enhanced Redress Team from individuals applying for redress, private industry and Congress. Responding to redress inquiries in situations where limited information is available and the individual may not be pleased.
- Completing research and analysis on a variety of situations involving redress, which includes interaction with other Federal agencies who are engaged in the Redress Program. Providing recommended solutions and regular updates to management.
- Applying policies, procedures and practices in completing the adjudication of redress inquiries specific to the TSA mission. Understanding and integrating other federal agency adjudication decisions and how they impact the TSA mission as well as the final resolution of the redress inquiry.
- Providing recommendations in the development of communication strategies and development of written templates for new issues or new programs supported by the DHSTRIP Office and the Appeals and Enhanced Redress Team.
- Completing quality assurance on a variety of redress program areas, including adherence to standard operating procedures, intake/triage of redress inquiries, appropriate agency determinations from adjudicative efforts, and other management control objectives.
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders such as, DHS component agencies, Department of State, Department of Justice/Terrorist Screening Center, TSA Contact Center, Legislative Affairs, and Public Affairs regarding program requirements as well as individual redress inquiries.
- Working as part of a team supporting other functions of the TSA Redress Branch.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Open to all U.S. Citizens.
Salary includes Locality Pay of 28.22%.
This position is located in Arlington, VA.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499649100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.