About the Position: This position is located in Director for Nursing, Department of Medical Nursing, Medical & Total Joint Nursing, (5 Center), which is a fast pace Medical-Surgical/Ortho inpatient Ward. The ultimate goal to optimize patient care outcomes utilizing a patient centered, team approach, while maintaining a climate that fosters dignity and respect for patients and staff. Incumbent can expect to take care of our, retired military members, Active duty and their beneficiaries. Staffing includes a highly skilled mix of military, GS civilian, and contract nurses.Position requires incumbent to work both 12 hour nights and day shifts.Learn more about this agency
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Prolonged periods of walking and standing are required, as well as recurring requirements/periods of heavy lifting to lift,bend and stoop, i.e., in helping patients.
Parking at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center is very limited and is primarily first come, first serve. The use of commuting alternatives is highly recommended. The Mass Transit Fringe Benefits (MTFB) are available to Federal Civilian employees. This is in addition to the current salary, up to $ 125 per month (subject to change), for the commuting costs using Mass Transit. MTFB can be applied to rail, bus and/or approved vanpools but not parking costs.
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation
- Administer professional patient care in accordance with nursing standards of practice, licensed independent provider and established policies and procedures.
- Utilize the comprehensive nursing process to formulate patient care plans for patients with a medical-surgical/orthopedic inpatient ward.
- Identify, document and implement nursing care, appropriate to patient care problems.
- Identify effectiveness of care provided, revising care plans as needed.
- Select the course of action in implementing licensed independent provider's orders; interpreting appropriateness to the patient's present condition.
- Act as a facilitator to mediate complaints and concerns of patients, family members taking immediate actions to resolve or refer to a higher level.
- Instruct patients and family members regarding disease processes, providing emotional support as needed.
- Set up, operate, monitor and interpret various medical equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499611900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.