Mission StatementLearn more about this agency
The Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA), through its Community Strategic Plan has made a commitment to be among the world's leaders in education, enriching the lives of military- connected students and the communities in which they live. The mission to educate, engage and empower each student to succeed in a dynamic world is achieved through its five strategic goals of Student, School, Talent, Organization, and Outreach Excellence. DoDEA is a major Department of Defense (DoD) Field Activity with worldwide scope. DoDEA plans, directs, coordinates, and manages the education programs for DoD dependents. DoDEA consists of three regions, DoDEA Americas, DoDEA Europe, and DoDEA Pacific and a total of eight school districts located overseas and in the U.S. and its territories. DoDEA provides education to eligible DoD military and civilian dependents from prekindergarten through grade 12.
Visit our website at www.dodea.edu for more information!
THIS IS A TERM NOT-TO-EXCEED (NTE) 2 YEAR POSITION, BUT MAY BE TERMINATED EARLIER AT MANAGEMENTS DISCRETION
As an HR Specialist, you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Serve as a key advisor and project analyst reporting to the Director, DoDEA, spearheading the analysis and implementation of the Unified Law
- Serve as an expert in HR law and policy for DoD, and knowledge of Army and DoDEA HR practice and policy
- Provides recommendations for actions required by DoDEA to comply with the requirements of the Unified Law
- Establishes project scope and boundary criteria, schedules, milestones, and budgets; dependencies and responsibilities of participating parties; assumptions and risks; and contingency plans and metrics criteria for assigned projects
- Formulates, reviews, plans and supports DoDEA-wide implementation of HR policy, guidelines, and procedures as they relate to the Unified Law
- Provides recommendations for business and process improvements for key initiatives
- Institutes group processes, cross-functional teams, or unconventional approaches for delving into and identifying solutions to systemic or acute problems
- Establishes and maintains liaison with internal stakeholders and other agencies and/or contractors on matters that involve guiding, developing, planning, implementing change, and evaluating the program or project
- Assesses outcome proposals so they are streamlined, practical, efficient, and in full compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499599400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.