About the Position:Learn more about this agency
This is a Contractor Industrial Relations Specialist, GS-1101-07/09 position, with the USACE (U.S. Army Corps of Engineers)Tulsa District, Engineering and Construction Division. The duty station located is Tulsa, OK.
This position may be filled at the GS-07 or GS-09 grade level. If filled below the full performance level, promotion potential is to the GS-09. The full performance level of this position is GS-09. Promotion is at management's discretion.
Serve as an authorized representative and advisor of industrial labor related matters and labor relations for all internal and external customers supported and serviced by the Tulsa District with responsibility for the overall management and administration of the District's contractor industrial relations labor programs and the compliance/enforcement of federal and state statutes governing workplace labor.
- Maintain surveillance over the wage rate determinations programs.
- Advise and instruct contractor personnel on contract procedures.
- Request percentage goals from Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP)
- Participate in instructing classes to construction contractor personnel.
- Bring evidence of payroll or other discrepancies to the attention of the supervisor/designee and assures that necessary corrective follow-up action is taken.
- Discuss unusual or controversial cases with supervisor/designee.
- Determine the amount of underpayments and penalties to be assessed against contractor.
- May testify in court hearings.
- Enter labor investigations into Tracking System.
- Monitor area and resident office to obtain certifications that labor-related data are posted and maintained at the job sites for each contract.
- Assigned responsibility for a wide variety of office, and field duties related to the construction program of the District.
- Review submittals from the field offices and distribution of the submittal within the district office.
- Track the submittal to insure that it is reviewed and returned within the required time limitations.
Occasional travel - Business Travel Conditions up to 10%
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499527900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.