The Enterprise Program Management Service (AEM) provides program and project management services for AIT efforts. We organize and manage resources to execute approved programs and projects within defined scope, quality, time, and cost constraints.Learn more about this agency
The Project Managers (PMs) in the Enterprise Portfolio A Branch manage AIT's portfolio of enterprise-wide projects for AIT and FAA services. In addition to coordinating the creation and delivery of work products and deliverables, they provide day-to-day management and oversight of the critical elements of programs and projects including budget, schedule, risk, and Earned Value Management (EVM) when applicable. We work closely with technical subject matter experts (SMEs) in other AIT Services to ensure projects are executed successfully.
If you are selected for this position your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Applies comprehensive technical knowledge, from initiation and planning to execution and closing. Using technical knowledge you will target technical issues and work to get problems resolved.
- Directs and oversees a matrixed project teams you establish, and efficiently identify and solve project issues.
- Ensures activities are completed in accordance with the project scope, within the approved schedule, and plan and manage budget constraints.
- Demonstrates leadership to define requirements and plan project lifecycle deployment; define resources and schedule for project/program implementation.
- Creates strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning as well as plan and schedule project deliverables, goals, and milestones.
- Ensures appropriate standard project practices and procedures are established and followed. This includes approval procedures, development methodologies, deployment practices, production turnover procedures, and meeting key project documentation requirements.
- Coordinates with technology system analysts on IT-specific issues that may impact a project’s success.
- Manages vendors or work with separate vendor managers to ensure that the activities of service providers support the PMLC and adhere to the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Works on Acquisition Category (ACAT) projects levels 1 through 5. A Project Management Institute's (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is desirable.
25% or less - The job may require up to 25% travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499476800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.