About the Position:Learn more about this agency
This position is located at USA Medical Department Activity, Deputy Commander for Administration, Managed Care Division, Fort Drum, New York.
Fort Drum, home of the 10th Mountain Division, is located in Northern New York's picturesque North County. As one of the most historically unique and geographically beautiful areas of the United States, the area offers bountiful outdoor recreational opportunities such as hunting, fishing, boating, sailing, scuba diving, white water rafting, and winter sports of all types. Fort Drum borders Lake Ontario, the St. Lawrence River, Canada, the Adirondack Mountains, and Vermont.Guthrie Army Health Center is located at Fort Drum, New York, near the city of Watertown. Watertown is located in the scenic 1,000 lakes region of upstate New York. Museums and historic points of interest include the War of 1812 Battlefield in Sackets Harbor, Boldt Castle, Millionaire's Row, the Antique Boat Museum, lighthouses, Burrville Cider Mill, the Clayton Opera House, and the Jefferson County Historical Society. Additionally, the area provides quaint downtown shopping, on
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation.
- Conduct initial assessment of referrals based on clinical care provided and defines clinical requirements for individual patients.
- Consult with health care providers to discuss and make decisions on issues involved in the continuum of care.
- Document and tracks information required to conduct referral management review and analysis, including: patient demographic data; clinical variances; cost avoidance relating to medical procedures and ancillary services; etc..
- Assist in orienting providers and other health care team members on referral management.
- Conduct review of existing policies and procedures and makes recommendations on ways to improve referral management.
Occasional travel - Up to 5% Business Travel is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499439200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.