Area of Consideration:Learn more about this agency
Current career or career conditional Federal employees, former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility, including employees who are eligible for consideration under a special hiring authority (e.g. Peace Corps, Severely Disabled, 30% disabled, etc.), and current or former time-limited employees eligible under the Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act (LMWFA) are eligible to apply. Note: Applicants applying under LMWFA must apply under competitive merit promotion procedures. For more information regarding the Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act, P..L. 114-47, please visit: https://www.chcoc.gov/content/implementing-policy-guidance-land-management-workforce-flexibilitiy-act.
Veterans who are eligible under the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA) may apply as well. To be eligible under the VEOA, applicants must be preference eligibles or have been separated from the armed forces under honorable conditions after three or more years of continuous active service. Persons eligible for non-competitive appointment under special authorities (e.g., Severely Disabled, 30% or more compensably disabled veterans, Peace Corps returnees, etc.) Such individuals need not be current or former Federal employees.
This position is in the Department of the Interior, Interior Business Center, Acquisition Services Directorate (AQD). AQD is a line of business within the U.S. Department of the Interior's Interior Business Center (IBC), and provides a full spectrum of acquisition services to all Federal agencies. AQD helps managers in every Federal agency to fulfill their missions by providing expert, compliance-based acquisition solutions. With nationwide offices and more than $6 billion in contract awards, AQD has an unbeatable track record for providing practical solutions to Federal managers.
As the senior group member and senior contracting officer, the incumbent will participate in group projects, making recommendations to the team leader and providing developmental guidance to the team.
- Experience and advanced expertise in managing the acquisition of commercial services to include a heavy focus on information technology;
- Planning, developing, and establishing contractual strategies for highly complex, long term contracts for which limited or no contractual precedents exist;
- Advising senior executives in the organization, IBC, DOI, and client agencies on analysis, planning and approvals required for procurement planning and strategies;
- Exercising contracting officer authority to plan, execute, and administer the full range of acquisition responsibilities for highly complex, multi-agency contracts;
- Serving as senior contracting advisor; conveying technical leadership to coordinate, consult, and facilitate complex technical and analytical contractual information;
- Performing all phases of contract administration for highly complex, multi-million dollar contracts.
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 nights per month for training and conferences.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499425000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.