This position is located in the Federal Highway Administration’s (FHWA) Resource Center. The Resource Center (RC) is the primary organization within the Agency for providing national and international technical expertise to stakeholders and customers, and for promoting technology and innovation deployment throughout the nation. The Resource Center Team Managers and technical staff work virtually throughout the nation.Learn more about this agency
Civil Rights is one of the Technical Service Teams (TSTs) within the Resource Center. The Resource Center TSTs have the primary responsibility of providing or facilitating technical assistance and proactively encouraging the adoption of technology and innovations, consistent with agency strategies and priorities. The Civil Rights TST also assists in program and policy review and implementation.
They promote awareness, responsibilities and legal requirements.
The Civil Rights TST Manager serves as the primary point of contact in the Resource Center for Civil Rights, providing oversight and coordination of technical assistance services and technology and innovation deployment. In this capacity the Team Manager supervises, as well as provides expert technical leadership in nurturing and developing the team's technical expertise. Team members may be located throughout the nation.
IDEAL CANDIDATE: This position is perfect for an experienced Leader or Supervisor to lead a team of Civil Rights professionals in providing expert advice, guidance, assistance and training in implementing transportation related external and internal civil rights programs. This is an excellent opportunity to join the Federal Highway Administration and work with the Resource Center’s Civil Rights Team to support the development of the Civil Rights discipline members throughout the agency, to advance the strategic goals and objectives of the Federal Highway Administration, and meet the challenges of advancing the best transportation system in the world. We offer an excellent benefits package and alternative work schedule.
You may be asked to provide a work writing sample at time of interview.
PLEASE NOTE: This announcement is for a remote work position and duty location will vary. The difference in salary is determined by the locality pay in each location. Salaries for all areas are available on the OPM website at: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/2018/general-schedule/
As a Supervisory Equal Opportunity Specialist, you will:
- Provide expert technical leadership in nurturing and developing the team’s technical expertise.
- Serve as the Manager for the Civil Rights Technical Service Team, a highly skilled, diverse, and multi-disciplinary group of engineers.
- Serve as a national and international (if applicable) technical contact within the civil rights discipline providing a high level of leadership for activities in the technical field, especially in recommending new directions to solve complex problems.
- Provide authoritative advice and guidance to national officials within DOT, FHWA, other government agencies, and to private industry.
- Prepare and present speeches, technical presentations, briefs, papers, evaluations, reviews, etc. to national and international audiences to promote technology and innovative deployment.
Occasional travel - Some travel may be required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Applications will be accepted from any U.S. Citizen.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499423300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.