* This position is being offered as an Intermittent, Temporary appointment NTE 6 months from appointment.Learn more about this agency
* The salary offered within this announcement is for the Boston Locality Pay Schedule. The pay will be determined based upon the location of where the incumbent will work from.
This position has responsibility for the Network Consolidated Laboratory for the VA New England Healthcare System and the satellite laboratories located at the eight divisions within the Network. He/she has overall responsibility for implementing, planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, controlling, reviewing, evaluating and improving the operations of the Network Consolidated Laboratory and its satellites. The incumbent effectively contributes to the VA and the Network's objectives by developing, implementing and coordinating progress and efforts by working with and through employees and managerial staff. The incumbent reports to the VISN Deputy Chief Medical Officer.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00a- 4:30p
Compressed/Flexible: Not available
Virtual: This is a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Health Science Officer ICTAP-CTAP/7743
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
* Administers daily operations of Network Laboratory through a team based management group.
* Develops implements, and leads team management groups to effectively accomplish goals, focus on customer needs, assure and maintain quality, and accomplish mission and vision.
* Leads the Network Laboratory's business direction through strategic planning, program implementation, customer focus and team based management.
* Develops and expands the laboratory's capabilities, responsiveness and image within the Network and the community.
* Organizes and controls program evaluation activities for the Network Lab and its satellites to ensure accreditation standards are maintained.
* Assures Laboratory services are delivered in a manner consistent with the internal quality goals and are cost effective.
* Develops financial monitoring systems to include periodic reports, variance reporting, utilization and outcome monitors and productivity measurement for network Divisions.
* Communicates and cooperates with Network Laboratories and their staffs to standardize supplies, reagents, instruments and services.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499397500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.