About the Position:Learn more about this agency
This is a MILITARY TECHNICIAN position with the US Army Reserves. Becoming a Military Technician allows you to experience the best of two worlds by taking advantage of the opportunity to become a Citizen Soldier in the US Army Reserve Military Technician program. This enables you to receive full civil service benefits and military reserve benefits. Military Technicians are a vital link between the US Army Reserves and civil service and are one of the most important keys to combat readiness.
This position is with the: 99th Regional Support Command (RSC), Equipment Concentration Site (ECS) 86, Fort Meade, Maryland.
Description of the Working Environment: Work is mostly performed in a maintenance shop
- Troubleshoot, repair, modify and maintain a variety of heavy mobile equipment, such as: construction, industrial, combat, tactical, and powered support equipment.
- Remove and replace major systems or components of equipment to include power packs, transmissions, transfers, gear reduction units, injector pumps, air conditioners, fuel pumps and alternators
- Make idle speed, current, brake, and transmission linkage adjustments
- Perform initial and in-process inspections; perform mechanical diagnostics and troubleshoot to localize defects and determine cause of malfunction; perform mechanical maintenance on defective parts; and perform minor body work.
- Provide technical assistance to unit personnel
- Operate motor vehicles to perform the duties of this position.
Occasional travel - The business travel requirement is 15%.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499394600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.