This vacancy will close on May 23, 2018 or the day the 250th application is received, whichever occurs first.Learn more about this agency
The Assistant Director, Information Security and Privacy Compliance reports to the SEC Chief Information Security Officer within the the Office of Information Technology (OIT) Information Security Team.
The OIT supports the Commission and staff of the SEC in all aspects of information technology including application development, infrastructure operations and engineering, user support, IT program management, capital planning, security, and enterprise architecture. The OIT Information Security Team works to strengthen the SEC's cyber security posture and protect information stored, processed, and transmitted by information systems and foster an enterprise-wide secure and trusted environment in support of the agency's mission objectives.
If selected, you will join a well-respected team that is responsible for developing controls for: ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of SEC assets, operations, and data and works to ensure compliance with federal information security and privacy mandates and legislation, including the Federal Information Security Modernization Act.
- Providing leadership over a range of strategic information security and privacy matters and presenting complex technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Providing security expertise to system owners and technical personnel to help collectively identify strategies to develop and deploy technology in a secure manner.
- Preparing and reviewing comprehensive recommendations regarding the development and modification of information security, privacy, and technology policies and procedures.
- Evaluating information technology risks associated with deploying new systems or system enhancements , protecting, and using information and technology across a dispersed and diverse environment.
- Overseeing continuous monitoring and security assessment control status to ensure systems that store, process, and transmit sensitive information are protected and adhere to applicable guidance and standards.
- Managing the agency's information security audit process to including supporting audit and evaluation efforts from external auditors and preparing, tracking, and managing response actions.
- Managing the agency's information security compliance obligations to include reporting requirements from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and the Department of Homeland Seecurity (DHS).
- Implementing and maintaining the agency's privacy program for all IT resources for compliance with policies, standards and regulations.
- Managing and tracking Plan of Action and Milestones and other corrective actions for identified information security-related weaknesses
- Developing and collaborating with senior leaders on the formulation of short and long range information technology plans, goals, and objectives, and budget requirements.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499385700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.