When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.Learn more about this agency
In this position, you will evaluate program data and provide recomendations to senior level staff engaged in supporting disaster recovery programs for communities and individuals affected by disasters. This position is located in Hyattsville, MD and starts at a salary of $81,548.
Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Office of Response and Recovery, Recovery Directorate, Individual Assistance Division, Individuals and Households Branch team within FEMA.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
This position is being announced under FEMA's Cadre of On-call Response/Recovery Employee (CORE) Program. This is a temporary appointment in the Excepted Service, not to exceed 2 years, with the option to extend based on workload and funding availability. Veterans Preference does not apply to the CORE selection process.
In this position, you will evaluate program data and provide recommendations to senior level staff engaged in supporting disaster recovery programs for communities and individuals affected by disasters. Typical assignments include:
- Conducting analysis of difficult survivor-centric issues in the recovery statutes, regulations, policies, and procedures that impact the delivery and implementation of recovery regulations and policy.
- Administering programs and plans impacting the delivery of recovery programs and services to support individuals and households affected by disasters and their efforts to recover through the FEMA Individual Assistance programs.
- Evaluating and producing recommendations regarding efficiency issues and the evaluation of major administrative aspects of disaster recovery programs.
- Planning and scheduling work to be accomplished by subordinates and provide subordinates the requirements and descriptions of the work to be performed and track progress.
- Determining needed and available resources or capacities, as well as future sources, to support emergency recovery activities.
Occasional travel - Occasional non-emergency travel may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Friday, 5/18/2018 OR at 11:59 pm ET on the date the 200th application is received, whichever comes first.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499368000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.