This position is located in DHS/USCG, National Maritime Center, Mariner Training and assessment Division, Martinsburg, WV.Learn more about this agency
The selectee will serve as a subject matter expert in all manner of knowledge, skills and abilities related to shipboard engineering in the U.S. Merchant Marine. They will serve as a technical expert in providing advisory services and administration of the regulatory provisions and controls for the administration of examinations in support of the merchant mariner credentialing program. Typical work assignments include:
- Developing assessment questions and examination modules that ensure the proper relationship of material content and examination standards relevant to the credential being sought.
- Reconciling all inconsistencies and ensuring examinations are properly created, assigned, administered and recorded.
- Reviewing the content of draft Coast Guard policy and directives, advising industry contacts and program staff about regulatory requirements and policy, and providing input on training and assessment requirements for National and STCW endorsements.
- Providing recommendations for improving the merchant mariner knowledge assessment process based on experience and implementation of the guiding regulation and policy documents.
- Identifying and recommending solutions to issues affecting knowledge assessments and the Mariner Licensing and Documentation Program (MLD) that may require regulatory change.
- Preparing authoritative and explicit responses to Congressional, governmental agency, and public inquiries concerning assessment and training of merchant vessel personnel.
Occasional travel - This position may require occasional travel
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499322700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.