This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.Learn more about this agency
The Scientific, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Student Employment Program (SSEP) is a direct hire authority for undergraduate and graduate degree seeking students enrolled in scientific, technical, engineering, or mathematics majors. Students must be continuously enrolled on at least a half-time basis at a qualifying educational institution. Students may be appointed to temporary (NTE 1 year), term (NTE 4 years) or flexible term (NTE 120 days past graduation) appointments. Duties can vary based on the Division for which selected. Positions may be available in the following Divisions:
Information Technology Division Code 5500, https://www.nrl.navy.mil/itd/
- Examples of Scientific and Engineering student duties include:
- Collecting, computing and analyzing data.
- Identifying discrete microwave components and assembling subsystems such as antennas or transmitters.
- Assisting with flight software to control payloads and spacecrafts, software testing and documentation, technical specification generation, and spaceflight hardware environmental test support.
- Designing, developing, and testing both back-end and user-interface software.
- Conducting observations and documenting findings of instrument malfunction, deviations in defected data and its cause.
- Performing mathematical computations.
- Fabricating, formulating, testing and evaluating novel multi-functional coatings, paints and composites.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499298600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.