This position is located in the Riverdale office complex. The incumbent will be a member of the International Services (IS) Administrative Team working on support services activities. The incumbent supports the IS staff both foreign and domestic and assists with policy guidance. The Travel Section is responsible for directing, planning, coordinating a variety of complex logistical service functions essential to fulfilling the Agency’s mission in over 37 foreign posts and across all of APHIS.Learn more about this agency
Applicants must be available to work a regular schedule when classes are in session as well as during scheduled breaks.
The Pathways Internship Program is designed to provide students enrolled in a wide variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with opportunities to work in agencies and explore Federal careers while still in school and while getting paid for the work performed.
Students who successfully complete the program may be eligible for conversion to a permanent job in the civil service. The target position upon graduation wold be to a qualifiying position as a Administrative, Clerical and Office Services Group.
Housing and travel expenses will not be paid.
APHIS is an emergency response agency. This means that all Agency employees may be asked or assigned to participate in rotating temporary duty assignments to support emergency programs at some time during their careers with APHIS. For details click: APHIS Emergency Response
The duties described are for the GS-5. At the GS-3 and GS-4 grade level(s), assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity. The duties may include, but not limited to:
- Answer and screen incoming phone calls; adhering to matters of their expertise before routing to proper staff member for elavated needs.
- Assist in the retaining of 3500 official passports in Riverdale, Maryland.
- Forward requests for information and assistance to the Travel Specialist.
- Responsible for answering customer inquiries about travel orders.
- Accurately enters appropriate data into agency travel systems.
- Establishes effective communication and confers with a wide variety of employees, supervisors, and management officials to explore possible solutions to unique or complicated travel needs. In some situations the incumbent will recommend ways to improve processes.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Students who are currently enrolled or accepted for enrollment on at least a half-time basis at a qualifying educational institution in a certificate, degree, or diploma program.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499274300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.