This is a full-time, temporary appointment not to exceed 1 year with the Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge, located in , Ridgefeild, Washington.Learn more about this agency
TEMPORARY 1039: This is a full-time temporary position not-to-exceed 1 year that will total less than 1040 hours (6 months), excluding overtime in a service year. The service year is the calendar year that begins on the date of the employee's initial appointment in the agency. These appointments may be extended from year to year. Extensions of appointment without further competition may be granted based on work needs, funding, or any other condition of employment. The employee may be terminated or placed on an intermittent work schedule (no pre-scheduled tour of duty) at any time.
This position may be filled at the GS -4 level.
- Instructs a crew of 4-10 YCC enrollees in a wide variety of land resource improvement projects such as fish and wildlife habitat, watershed diversion structures, and stream improvement.
- Provides technical guidance and direction in all phases of field projects to ascertain proper performance and to satisfactorily answer the enrollee's questions about the projects.
- Provides sufficient amount of description to accomplish a given project safely and efficiently and with an adequate amount of time for a learning experience. Alert for any adverse social behavior and discipline problems.
- Provides direction and information to enrollees at the work site for Environmental Awareness (EA), "hands-on," and participatory activities.
- Assists in the preparation of EA lesson plans by providing technical data and knowledge on the subject.
- Reports enrollees' time, work programs, and overall performance evaluations
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499217000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.