Are you excited by the idea of helping to support $39 billion in small business financing and setting proper conditions to stimulate America's economic growth? SBA has been a leader in small business development for more than 60 years. In an increasingly globalized economy, we tackle challenges confronted by the small business community across geographic boundaries. Although times have changed since the SBA was founded in 1953, the Agency's mission - to promote the growth of small business - has not. Today, SBA is more vital than ever. We work in collaboration with partner organizations and use cutting-edge technologies and well-tested best practices to multiply our impact on small businesses. America's 28 million small businesses are the engine of job creation and economic growth in this country, creating nearly two out of every three new jobs in the United States and employing over half the nation's workforce. SBA ensures that these businesses have the tools and resources required to start and expand their operations, and create jobs that support a growing economy and strengthen America's middle class.Learn more about this agency
By applying for this position with SBA's Office of Disaster Assistance, you can enjoy challenging but satisfying work and join a highly motivated and diverse team that helps families and businesses rebuild their lives after a disaster.
You will serve as an Lead Information Technology Specialist (System Analysis) for the Small Business Administration (SBA), Office of Disaster Assistance (ODA), Disaster Credit Management System - DCMS in Herndon, Virginia. This position provides oversight over the strategic direction, requirements, and continuous improvement of ODA's Disaster Credit Management System (DCMS). You will oversee and/or perform requirements elicitation, product and portfolio planning, and value stream analysis.
The DCMS Operations Center is located in the business area of Herndon, VA. It is conveniently located near various eateries and shops and is accessible via public transportation.
Additional selections may be made from this announcement if identical vacancies occur within 180 days from the closing date.
This position is also being announced under Delegated Examining Procedures, announcement # DE-18-041-DCMS-10207307
As an Lead Information Technology Specialist (System Analysis) at the GS-2210-14, some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Facilitate work to be accomplished by subordinate team members; assign, manage, and monitor workload; review and evaluate work performance; etc.
- Conduct requirements engineering process, form elicitation to formal sign off, ensuring compliance with applicable regulations.
- Conduct value stream analysis to expose sources of business process steam constraints and waste.
- Manage and derive the requirements for (DCMS) stakeholders, ensuring documented trace-ability in a central repository, such as a product backlog.
- Champion the need of the business throughout the Software Development Lifecycle, ensuring what is delivered meets organizational objectives and associated metrics.
- Communicate with a wide range of stakeholders about product and portfolio features.
- This is a Cadre position, which is a competitive service status position with a full-time seasonal work schedule. Although highly unlikely, depending on the level of disaster activity, you may be placed in a non-duty status if there is insufficient work. This would be extremely unusual and has not occurred in numerous years.
Occasional travel - On occasion, especially during times of substantial disaster activity, you may be required to work overtime and/or travel with little or no advance notice
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499179600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.