The mission of the Security and Emergency Planning Staff (SEPS) is to develop, implement and maintain DOJ programs regarding personnel security, information security, physical security, litigation security, and emergency preparedness planning.Learn more about this agency
If you wish to be considered under delegated examining procedures, please apply to announcement SEPS-18-72949DE.
The incumbent serves as a Physical Security Specialist for the Justice Protective Service, Technical Services which is responsible for developing implementing, and maintaining department wide policy and security programs. The incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Interpret risk assessment and positive detection responses and notify the appropriate authorities of a possible threat.
- Prepare and review reports of physical security surveys and inspections and advise management officials of deficiencies
- Prepare surveys, cost estimates, and scope of work.
- Manage all aspects of technical projects as determined by mission needs.
- Develop and/or implement policies or procedures to promote and implement revised security program principles, practice and criteria.
- Develop and/or implement guides for security specialists, end users, and customers at various levels throughout the organization.
- Conduct preliminary site surveys to evaluate threat levels, working conditions and time constraints.
- Conduct field inspections of technical work and/or conduct technical work in the field for mission requirements and quality control.
- Support all Department security devices, systems, and sub-systems through troubleshooting, repair, and proper maintenance and preventive maintenance.
- Support of mission critical electronic and integrated systems to include field work as required.
- Analyze the effects of proposed or actual changes to security polices and guidelines that impact a significant organization.
- Develop or assist with developing alternative strategies to assess tradeoff between conflicting requirements or issues that arise from new or revised security practices.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499174600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.