About the Position:Learn more about this agency
Serves as a General Supply Specialist in an organization with musical instruments and distinctive uniforms, performs a variety of duties in connection with supplies, materials and equipment of the organization to include preparing and processing a variety of supply/procurement documents, maintaining a control system for these transactions. Performs a variety of related clerical work and support for The US Army Band (TUSAB), including establishing and maintaining files, customer service, answering telephone calls, referring to proper individual or furnishing requested information.
This is a developmental position and may be filled at the GS-07 level with promotion potential to the GS-11 grade level OR the position may be filled at the GS-09 or GS-11 level. The individual selected for this position may be promoted to the target level without further competition upon meeting legal and regulatory requirements.
- Maintains an accurate accounting and reporting system for organizational clothing, equipment and expendable supplies.
- Investigates and reconciles routine and recurring discrepancies.
- Composes routine correspondence based on own initiative and knowledge of office matters.
- The incumbent will be responsible to review and reconcile monthly credit card purchases using Access Online.
- Responsible to review and reconcile all cardholder's credit card statements against accountable documents for each transaction as Unit Billing Official.
- Required to be licensed and operate government vehicle (3/4 ton van) to complete necessary supply duties.
- The incumbent must be able to build and manage contracting packets on behalf of the unit.
Occasional travel - Up to 10% business travel is Required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499165900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.