GAO's work is designed to address four goals:Learn more about this agency
- to help the Congress address current and emerging challenges to the well-being and financial security of the American people;
- to help the Congress to respond to changing security threats and the challenges of global interdependence;
- to help transform the Federal government to address national challenges; and
- to maximize the value of GAO by enabling quality, timely service to Congress and by being a leading practices Federal agency.
Voted one of the best places to work in the federal government since 2005, we provide flexibilities and benefits to our employees. We promote dynamic and forward-thinking workplace practices. We foster an inclusive work environment that emphasizes continuous learning, personal and professional development, and incentives for exceptional performance. We promote equal opportunity for all staff without regard to age, disability, ethnicity, gender, religion, or sexual orientation. GAO's success in embracing and leveraging the diversity of its employees is central to our mission of serving a diverse American population through its congressional representatives.
If you want to help form public policy, and you have exceptional analytical, communication, and collaboration skills, and can demonstrate high levels of initiative, then GAO is where you want to be!
To learn more about GAO please visit us on the web at http://www.gao.gov/careers/index.html.
This position is located in the Government Accountability Office (GAO), Chief Administrative Office (CAO), Learning Center (LC). The LC offers courses, job aids, mentoring, coaching, team building, communities of practice, and books online as well as a variety of consulting services to GAO in areas such as Talent and Leadership development and management, succession planning, skills and needs assessments, and organizational and individual performance enhancement solutions.
The purpose of the position is to design, develop, teach and facilitate learning courses and programs related to diversity and inclusion, cultural competency, and employee engagement and their relationship to leadership and organization development and change; plan and develop new training courses; and provide organization development, teambuilding, consultation.
• Collaborates with senior leadership, managers, and/or subject matter experts (SME) to develop and assess the learning needs of GAO employees to ensure that employees at all levels are equipped with the necessary work-related skills.
• Coordinates with senior leadership and SMEs to design, develop, and implement learning programs consistent with the GAO strategic plan, mission, goals and objectives and ensures that learning programs are deployed consistent with GAO's learning standards.
• Manages projects directly related to GAO-wide issues, such as succession planning, talent and leadership development, and policy, and procedural and policy changes for the Learning Center.
• Serves as the SME to develop curricula and courses related to diversity and inclusion, cultural competency, leadership, teambuilding and employee engagement.
• Initiates and/or participates in training development studies, issues, and evaluations. Develops and/or reviews training materials to ensure standardization of GAO training. Establishes early and continuous working relationships with directors, contractors, training designers/developers, and subject matter experts during the development of training materials. Ensures training materials are current and relevant.
• Analyzes training efforts to determine effectiveness of the training program and monitors and evaluates current courses for quality control.
• Provides management with periodic reports on the status of training and an analysis of the effectiveness and capacity of the training program to achieve objectives.
• Performs quantitative and qualitative analysis of end-of-course evaluations and instructors' performance to assure learning objectives, tests and skills assessments, and participants' training requirements are effectively integrated into the Learning Center's training goals and objectives.
• Prepares and presents presentations at interagency training and educational conferences and symposia. Keeps abreast of innovative educational and training developments and technology enhancements that affect training delivery for consideration for agency-wide application. ·
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - Infrequent travel to GAO field offices
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499140600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.