This position is located in the Office of the Chief Information Security Officer, Security Operations Center Section, of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and is responsible for identifying, analyzing, coordinating, reporting and containing incidents. The areas of responsibility would include operations support functions such, as vulnerability management, cyber threat analysis, digital forensics, and data loss prevention.Learn more about this agency
Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement to fill identical vacancies that occur subsequent to this announcement.
- The incumbent develops and implements national FDIC security programs and serves as manager for security projects.
- Provides technical advice related to vulnerability management.
- Manages a vulnerability management programs and related projects to ensure that management is aware of vulnerability related risks. Incumbent acts as project manager in organizing, planning, and supervising the completion of these work efforts.
- Incumbent administers the enterprise vulnerability assessment solution and related penetration testing tools.
- Evaluates and recommends commercial “off the shelf” vulnerability assessment products that will operate within the FDIC security architecture.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is authorized
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All United States Citizens.
Applicants with status or those eligible under special hiring authorities, should apply under FDIC merit promotion announcement 2018-HQ-0189. However, if you desire consideration also under this public non-status announcement, you must apply to both. Status applicants are current permanent Federal employees in the competitive service and former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499111300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.