The National Security Division (NSD) is responsible for coordinating the Department's efforts in carrying out its core mission of combating terrorism and protecting national security. NSD is responsible for developing, enforcing, and supervising the application of all federal criminal laws related to the national counterterrorism and counterespionage enforcement programs, except those specifically assigned to other divisions. NSD also serves as the Department's liaison to the United States Intelligence Community (USIC), including when the USIC appears before the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court. In addition, NSD advises the Attorney General regarding all matters of National Security Policy.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent will provide paralegal support to one or more NSD attorneys in the Office of Law & Policy.
- Performs complex legal research.
- Manages and organizes documents in complex cases.
- Ensures that legal documents are prepared and submitted within established deadlines.
- Uses legal references to locate authoritative legal information, such as applicable precedents and legislative history.
- Drafts correspondence and legal documents for attorney's signature.
- Serves as contact person for assigned matters and provides information assistance concerning status or relevant procedural issues.
- Reviews and maintains an inventory and prepares an outline of documents and other materials.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499034200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.