About the Position: The Alaska District is seeking a new member within our award winning design team. We are filling an Architect Position located in the Engineering and Construction Operations Division, Design Branch, Architect Section. Management may select any grade level announced for this position with noncompetitive promotion to the GS-12. An ideal candidate will have strong experience in design and a background in design and construction management. He/She will possess an in-depth knowledge of computer aided design and drafting (CADD), excellent interpersonal skills, written and communication skills, will be detail-orientated, and have extensive experience working within multi-disciplinary teams. Exceptional customer service skills are critical within this position.
About the Location: Anchorage, Alaska, with a population of 292,000, offers rich culture from unique shopping and dining to fishing, hunting, camping, skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, and dog sledding. It is home to the University of Alaska Anchorage and other smaller community colleges. Winter delivers snow and ice conditions from November through March with 6 to 8 hours of daylight and average temperatures of 20 to-10°F; Summer sees up to 18 hours of daylight and average temperatures in the mid-70s.
- Salary listed above includes applicable locality pay.
- Currently, this position is authorized 3.74% Cost of Living Allowance in addition to the salary listed.
- This is a developmental position; duties listed below will be performed in a developmental capacity at the GS-09 and GS-11 grade level. At the full performance, GS-12, the incumbent will:
- Serve as a senior architect applying architectural design principles and techniques for preparation of plans, specifications and design analyses for in-house work and for management and review of similar work performed under contracts with A-E firms.
- Serve as a technical lead for the development of AE scopes of work (SOW), Independent Government Estimates (IGE), Technical Analysis (TA), providing technical support during negotiations and serving as Contracting Officer Representative (COR).
- Prepares in-house designs and prepares design revisions, amendments and change orders to plans and specifications utilizing computer aided design and drafting (CADD) and Revit (BIM), software for various architectural design software packages.
- Assists representatives from Construction Division to resolve design problems or latent conditions that may arise during construction.
Occasional travel - Temporary Travel is required up to 15%
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499023500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.