This vacancy is limited to the first 50 applications received and will close at midnight Eastern Time on the day the application limit is reached regardless of the closing date specified in this vacancy announcement. Any application received prior to midnight EST of the day the application limit is reached will be accepted and considered. You are strongly encouraged to submit all required supporting documents at the time of application should the vacancy close earlier than stated in this announcement. Supporting documents will not be accepted once the vacancy announcement closes.
Salary NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
GS-05: $33,394 (Step 01) to $43,414 (Step 10)
In order to be eligible for an appointment under the Pathways Recent Graduate Program you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a recent graduate who has completed, within the previous two years, an associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution such as an accredited technical or vocational school; a 2- or 4-year college or university; a graduate or professional school (e.g., law school, medical school); or a post-secondary home school curriculum. Note: Certificate program is defined as post-secondary education in a qualifying educational institution equal to at least one academic year of full-time study that’s part of an accredited college-level, technical, trade, vocational, or business school curriculum; OR
- You must be currently enrolled in a qualifying degree program as described above AND expect to complete your degree requirements no later than May 2018. If you do not complete your degree requirements by May 2018 you will be ineligible for consideration under this program.
- Veterans who were precluded from applying due to their military service obligation begin their 2-year eligibility period upon release or discharge from active duty; however, eligibility for these veterans cannot exceed 6 years from the date on which the degree or certificate was obtained. The date of release or discharge from active duty should be later than the date the degree or certificate was obtained.
As a Hydrologic Technician with the USGS Oklahoma Water Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Performing routine measurements of stage and discharge in a variety of field conditions.
- Performing installation, maintenance, servicing and troubleshooting of sensing, recording and communication equipment and instrumentation.
- Computing, processing, and checking routine sediment samples.
- Constructing hydrologic monitoring stations.
- Assisting in establishing vertical and horizontal datums.
Occasional travel - Overnight travel up to 5 nights per month may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All qualified U.S. Citizens that meet the eligibility requirements for the Pathways Recent Graduates Program as described under "Eligibility Requirements."
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499015800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.