Mission StatementLearn more about this agency
DoDEA, through its Community Strategic Plan has made a commitment to be among the world's leaders in education, enriching the lives of military- connected students and the communities in which they live. The mission to educate, engage and empower each student to succeed in a dynamic world is achieved through its five strategic goals of Student, School, Talent, Organization, and Outreach Excellence.
DoDEA is a major Department of Defense (DoD) Field Activity with worldwide scope. DoDEA plans, directs, coordinates, and manages the education programs for DoD dependents. DoDEA consists of three regions, DoDEA Americas, DoDEA Europe, and DoDEA Pacific and a total of eight school districts located overseas and in the U.S. and its territories. DoDEA provides education to eligible DoD military and civilian dependents from pre-kindergarten through grade 12.
Visit our website at www.dodea.edu for more information!
As a Contract Specialist at the GS-1102-13 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Applying all the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), and all ancillary procurement policies and regulations to assigned contracting actions ensuring all assigned contractual purchase requests (PRs) are received, reviewed and recorded for immediate customer feedback and are workload assigned for tracking purposes as soon as possible
- Analyzing all contractor proposals received in response to a solicitation to include convening the technical review team and providing full instructions and oversight
- Considering all of the analysis performed of all responses received to solicitations and determine whether or not to make an award on initial offers, engage in discussions or have other communications with vendors
- Ensuring all assigned procurements are completed within the procurement action lead times established by DoDEA
- Negotiating offers within the branch when negotiations (or discussions) are required
- Planning and conducting post-award conferences to ensure compliance with, and full understanding of, contractual requirements and to preclude unauthorized charges or alterations in contract provisions and terms.
- Ensuring full compliance for all assigned procurements of strategic procurement performance aspects to include timely and accurate submission of Contract Action Reports (CARs), timely contract closeouts, full compliance with reporting to the Contractor Performance Assessment Reporting System (CPARS), meaningful publicizing of contract actions, processing and reporting of all protests/claims/unauthorized commitments in a compliant and timely fashion, etc.
- Operating all procurement eBusiness systems proficiently, e.g., Procurement Desktop Defense, Federal Business Opportunities (FBO or FedBizOpps), Federal Procurement Data System- Next Generation (FPDS-NG), System for Award Management (SAM), etc.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/498973800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.