About the Position: This position is in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). Employees occupying DCIPS positions are in the Excepted Service and must adhere to U.S. Code, Title 10, as well as Department of Defense Instruction 1400.25. This position is located at the HQ US Army Corps of Engineers, US Army Geospatial Center (AGC), Security Office, Alexandria, VA 22315.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as Special Security Officer (SSO), managing all facets of Sensitive Compartment Information (SCI) security program, to include Communications Security (COMSEC), Operations Security (OPSEC), Personnel Security, Physical Security, Automation Security and Industrial Security as relates to SCI security.
- As the Special Security Officer for the Sensitive Compartment Information Facility (SCIF), performing technical security support duties in the U.S. Army Sensitive Compartment Information Facility (SCIF).
- Maintains and interprets directives, regulations and guidelines to provide technical and administrative advice related to agency's SCI operations.
- Provides oversight and manages SCI accesses for civilian, military, and contractor personnel including proper execution of indoctrinations and debriefings.
- Serves as agency's official channel for certifying & receiving SCI visitor clearances & accesses.
- Investigates and assesses damage to national security caused by SCI security infractions & violations. Provides recommendations for corrective actions to prevent future occurrence of similar incidents.
- Provides advice and assistance on SCI classification/declassification, downgrading, marking & sanitization.
- Oversees and monitors all corporate Sensitive Compartment Information (SCI) security support.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/498929800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.