This position is part of the Defense Human Resources Activity, Defense Manpower Data Center. The incumbent will be responsible for applying DMDC Information technology (IT) software principle and methods sufficient to participate in the design, development, testing and implementation of new or modified application software.Learn more about this agency
As a IT Specialist (APPSW) at the GS-2210-11/12 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Supports the middleware infrastructure for a multi-tier application environment.
- Recommends architecture improvements to maximize availability.
- Monitors the DMDC enterprise web environment for errors and takes corrective action based upon alerts.
- Documents standard operating procedures (SOP) for the building, configuration management, and incident response as necessary to support the web infrastructure.
- Ensure the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices to the delivery of application software services.
- Developing, adapting, and implementing new applications development methods and models that incorporate new technologies, such as object oriented design and analysis and software architecture; researching emerging technologies; planning, developing, and organizing pilot tests in controlled environments; and recommending adoption of new methodologies based on favorable feasibility analyses.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/498927100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.