THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This position is part of the TX 149th Fighter Wing, Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, and is located in San Antonio, Kelly AFB, Texas. The primary purpose of this position is to troubleshoot, repair, install, modify, test and adjust aircraft ordnance systems, equipment and components.
Texas National Guard Job Opportunities
As a with the Texas Air National Guard, your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Operates, analyzes performance, troubleshoots, inspects, installs, maintains, overhauls, repairs and modifies operational ordnance system(s) and subsystems consisting of numerous complex electronic components in fighter aircraft.
- Analyzes performance and isolate malfunctions to individual subsystems and or components of bombing/navigation, fire-control/weapons delivery, weapons multi sensory displays and external electro-mechanical weapons systems, electro-optical targeting pod/weapon interfaces, R/F electronic countermeasures systems, target radar tracking and missile tracking radar.
- Removes, repairs, installs, inspects and conducts operational performance checkout of aircraft ordnance and isolates malfunctions and identifies if failures are in specific LRU's, aircraft weapons, avionics multiplex data bus matrix assemblies, or aircraft digital data wiring.
- Loads/unloads, positions and safeties air munitions using applicable technical data and handling equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/498914100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.