Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please: Click HereLearn more about this agency
This position is also being announced through Public (US Citizen) procedure under Announcement #HQ-OHC-18-459669-P. Candidates who wish to be considered under both Public (US Citizens) and Government-Wide procedures must apply to both announcements.
Applying to this announcement certifies that you give permission for DHS to share your application with others in DHS for similar positions.
This Personnel Psychologist position is located in the Workforce Assessments Branch of the Workforce Assessments, Position Management and Classification Division, Recruitment & Hiring Directorate, Office of Human Capital (OHC), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). If selected for this position, you will be serving as the lead on assessment-related projects to address complex human capital issues in support of TSA's mission. Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
- Developing project plans, milestones, managing resources, and directing project support staff and contractors. Leading all phases of project execution to ensure high quality and timely deliverables.
- Planning and conducting comprehensive job analyses and competency modeling studies requiring extensive research, literature reviews, and focus groups to support effective data collection, survey design, and subsequent data analysis.
- Developing and validating tests for use in selection and certification testing. Developing performance criteria and collecting data for criterion-related validity studies. Analyzing tests for validity, reliability, adverse impact, and differential prediction. Developing norms and standards for use in employment decisions.
- Designing and conducting TSA-wide surveys to assess workforce attitudes and measure issues such as satisfaction, retention, and employee engagement. Analyzing survey data and preparing briefings/reports of findings and making recommendations for action planning.
- Serving as technical expert on employee assessment and overseeing contract support on assessment projects. Communicating technical information to a wide variety of audiences, including TSA leadership, management, and stakeholders. Collaborating with project team, stakeholders, and contractors to conduct assessment projects.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current/former permanent civilian Federal employees; Veterans' Preference eligibles OR Veterans who were or will be honorably discharged from the Armed Forces after completing at least 3 years of continuous active duty by the announcement's closing date. Such applicants will compete under TSA's Merit Promotion procedures for which Veterans' Preference is not a factor in the selection process.
Salary range includes Locality Pay of 28.22%.
This position is located in Arlington, VA.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/498903100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.