This is an opportunity for:
- An internal candidate to fill a GS-13 cadre position.
- A Federal Government employee to serve on a two-year reimbursable detail assignment in the ODNI. The detail assignment may be extended an additional year if all parties agree.
Current GS employees at the same grade as the advertised position grade may apply.
Former members of the Peace Corps may be considered for ODNI employment only if five full years have elapsed since separation from the Peace Corps.
- For a cadre assignment:
- Current ODNI permanent cadre.
- For a detailee assignment:
- Current Federal Government employees. (Current GS employees at the same grade as the advertised position grade may apply.)
- The ODNI uses a rank-in-person system in which rank is attached to the individual. A selected ODNI candidate or other Federal Government candidate will be assigned to the position at the employee's current GS grade and salary.
- A current Federal Government employee, selected for a detail, will be assigned to the position at his or her current grade and salary.
The mission of the Office of the Assistant Director of National Intelligence for Partner Engagement (ADNI/PE) is to "Advance partnerships and responsible intelligence and information sharing to enhance decision-making" while we lead and effectively manage a diverse and highly skilled workforce; strengthen partnerships to enable integration, promote mutual understanding, and support accountability; promote interoperable capabilities to drive intelligence and information sharing while protecting privacy, civil liberties, and civil rights; optimize intelligence and information sharing to identify and address threats and opportunities; and develop and implement repeatable business practices to support PE decision making and achieve mission performance. Learn more about this agency
Major Duties and Responsibilities (MDRs)
- Manage IT related projects for the ISE to ensure alignment with strategic objectives and initiatives; lead the definition and review of customer and stakeholder requirements; ensure plans and schedules are developed and followed throughout the life of the project.
- Develop and communicate project plans and schedules based on a clear understanding of customer requirements and information on project cost, schedule, quality, and performance; provide expert oversight of cost and resource estimates; participate in budget planning activities and develop cost estimating strategies for future projects.
- Develop, execute, and communicate spend plans and assess variances from cost and schedule baseline; make recommendations for the reallocation of resources in response to change considering impact to project cost, schedule, and quality of deliverables.
- Manage and lead project implementation and quality assurance by effectively evaluating and monitoring cost, schedule, and performance, assessing variances from the plan, and executing necessary corrective actions; lead project performance reviews, gather important information, and make authoritative decisions about required next steps; oversee the development and maintenance of appropriate project documentation.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the identification and mitigation of project risks by identifying the risk tolerances of customers and other stakeholders to determine overall acceptable levels of risk; conduct risk analysis to identify and prioritize risks; characterize threats and opportunities to determine mitigation strategies.
- Ensure project deliverables are completed on time, effectively apply team building and coaching techniques, and exchange project or technical information with team members and contractors at formal and informal meetings.
- Oversee the work of contractor staff, monitor work activities to ensure counterintelligence and security policies and procedures are followed; provide help or assistance to team members or others when needed; communicate needs and requirements to project team members.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/498872600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.