Searching for a challenge where experience is valued? Looking for an exciting opportunity in a diverse and established workforce? Don't miss this chance to join the United States Patent and Trademark Office as a Senior Level, Chief Architect for Infrastructure (CAI). We are seeking a highly experienced, enthusiast and strategic Chief Architect for Infrastrucutre to act as the true end-to-end technology interlock between the Chief Information Officer and our Patent, Trademark and corporate customers. The best fit for this leadership role would be someone who has a combination of cutting-edge technical skills, an ability to formulate technological vision and direction, and a strong business sense. You will find yourself connecting innovation and intellectual property within a challenging workforce among other technology driven professionals. This position will provide you with exposure for leadership and technical opportunities to demonstrate and further grow your skills in a challenging environment. Work for the largest Intellectual Property Rights Firm in the United States - United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). The USPTO has been serving the economic interests of America for more than 225 years. We are responsible for granting US intellectual property rights for patents and trademarks. Our efforts have provided inventors exclusive rights over their discoveries. The CAI is the principal advisor to the Chief Technology Officer and the Chief Information Officer on analysis, planning, design, implementation, documentation, assessment, and management of the structural framework to align IT strategy, plans, and systems with the mission, goals, structure and processes of the organization. The CAI develops plans for defining the target architecture and for transitioning to the target architecture. The CAI documents key processes, and ensures that the systems conform to information security policies, practices, applicable federal mandates, and meets or exceeds business needs.Learn more about this agency
You’ll have access to alternative, flexible work schedules and highly competitive benefits in a stable, professional team environment. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to work with cutting edge technology that defines, enforces and protects the Intellectual Property of the United States around the world. Please review the announcement to determine if you are eligible and visit www.uspto.gov/jobs for more information on benefits and how to apply.
The Chief Architect for Infrastructure, in conjunction with the Chief Architect for Solutions, ensures architectural integrity and consistency across systems and is responsible for the overall IT infrastructure. The Chief Architect for Infrastructure develops plans for the IT Infrastructure to support and transition to a modern and emerging target architect. The Chief Architect for Infrastructure will ensure that the IT Infrastructure conforms to information security policies and practices, along with other federal mandates.
Specifically, the Chief Architect for Infrastructure shall:
- Provide direction to the CIO, Office Directors and business units on all aspects necessary to deliver an IT Infrastructure such as planning, architecture, design, development, legacy migration, system integration, testing, security, availability/redundancy, delivery and operations.
- Provide technical direction for ongoing IT Infrastructure architecture, design, development, system uniformity of production and development environments, deployment and operations and maintenance.
- Develop and establish processes by which emerging and open source technologies are identified and incorporated into infrastructure efforts on an ongoing basis.
- Develop plans for integration of new and/or existing systems into the IT infrastructure.
- Possess experience in creating, driving, and realizing a large and highly complex end-to-end infrastructure solution and how decision/design impacts architecture, software development and systems delivery.
- Articulate and document the architectural vision for the IT Infrastructure, conceptualizing and experimenting with alternative approaches, creating models and component/interface specification documents and validating the architecture against requirements and vision of the target architecture.
- Communicate effectively at the executive, customer, developer and operations levels.
- Interpret business requirements and translates them into technical and operational requirements.
- Work closely with the system, solution and software architects and designers to ensure the IT Infrastructure meets the specified needs of the business requirements.
- Participate in Enterprise Architecture Governance Board, provides oversight to Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) Governance, Data Governance, Best Practices and Standards for all architectural areas, while taking into consideration development and operations.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Applications will be accepted from current Federal employees serving on career or career-conditional appointment in the Competitive Service, former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility, persons eligible under special hiring authorities including Schedule A and VEOA, and CTAP/ICTAP eligible candidates in the local commuting area.
Please review the announcement (OCIO-2018-0004) to determine if you are eligible for consideration under USPTO's Delegated Examining Program.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/498859300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.